Useful info to all small sports companies wanting to learn more about:
Online marketing, search rankings (SEO), sports teaching tools, plus much more......email this page to a sports contact by simply clicking here
Click on link below to learn more....
Increase your Google Ranking
Basic steps to improve your google ranking and get more users to your sports related website:
- Title tag are a key basic element in improving your search ranking and all your pages should have a well constructued one
- Title tag should be approximately 60 characters long
- Title tag should start with a key phrase a potential client would enter into Google search bar
- To see a competitors title tag simply click on their website and right click and select view source and you should see in between the flags <Title>Competitors Title Tag</Title>
- For example for a Personal Trainer website the a title tag could be "Personal trainer in Richmond. Affordable tailor made personal trianing for all; wieght loss, sports training, general fitness, injury recovery."
- Phase10sports product allows title tags to be changed whenever clients require it. Therefore you can experiment as much as you like.
- Google search engine loves fresh new relevant content appearing on your website.
- To improve google ranking create a page/section on your sports site dedicated to regularly updated content.
- Content must be relevant to your site and is better if unique(avoid copy paste)
- The more often you update your site the better (weekly should be fine)
- For example a pilates studio website with page dedicated to new exercises; content can be sourced from anywhere describe in your own words reuse key words for your site and update with new exercises every week, providing both a useful info on your site and helping your google ranking
- Phase10sports provides an easy to use tool to update content on your as often as you like.
- Having relevant one way sports links to your site is the most important thing you can do to get high rankings.
- An example of a great relevant sports link is if BBC website were doing an article on athletics and talking about great personal trainers and had a link in the content to a personal trainer website
- Why because Google recognises BBC as being very informative with a huge readership, and the content is very relevant to the content of the personal trainer site.
- So what next? Go to this article for depth (71 ways to build links) but the most useful practical tip is write an article yourself and send it to other info based websites in your field. Other websites are always looking for content. Eg. for personal trainer send write an article on health tips to lose weight and send to some PT info sites (www.healthandfitnessonline.co.uk), facebook groups, blogs, etc and hopefully they will post your content with a link. Even if no one publishes it can still be used to put on your own site - see Fresh New Content.